Tuesday, May 26, 2020

The Sawtooths



I think we all understand that feeling of satisfaction upon discovering something new, rare or unusual; and sometimes it’s even more satisfying if it’s not on anyone else’s radar. The teen wearing the t-shirt that says, “my favorite band hasn’t been formed yet,” resonates with many of us. The discovery of the newly discovered can be very rewarding.

I experienced that feeling over twenty-five years ago when Mark and I flew out west and did a backpacking trip in central Idaho’s Sawtooth Mountain Range. Snowcapped mountains, alpine lakes and picturesque hot springs were brand new discoveries for a girl who had never traveled west of the Mississippi. Today, I find myself back in this striking landscape and I’m relieved to say it hasn’t lost any of it’s magic!

Most scenic disc course; Stanley, ID

Slate Creek Hot Springs 

No comments:

Post a Comment