Sunday, October 15, 2017

Home Again


Of course, it's not all sunshine and rainbows when you are on the road. Mark and I have completed our Fall 2017 Adventure and I thought I should document  a few of the mishaps that occurred that I haven't mentioned. We had to make an emergency trip to the vet in Michigan's UP because Starbaby drank stagnant water and we thought she might have Lepto....she didn't....but it was pretty ironic that this poster was in the vetenarian's waiting room as we waited to see a Dr. I lost my prescription glasses somewhere in Missouri.... I never found them but had plenty of spare contacts to get me home. When we came back from a hike in Illinois we heard from fellow campers that while we were gone a hickory limb fell on the roof of our trailer and left a dent....the good news? Nothing else was damaged and Mark burned the limb for fire wood!

Other than these few hiccups, it was a Mary Poppins adventure; "Practically perfect in every way!" We are excited about being home, to touch base with family and friends, but are already planning our next exploration of the lower 48!


2 comments:

  1. I'm not commenting on every post, but just wanted you to know that I read them all and love following your adventures. So happy for you guys. Looking fwd to my wife and I having similar future adventures after the kids grow up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil,
      We are enjoying Mark’s retirement and highly recommend it! Thanks for following along.

      Delete