Saturday, August 5, 2023

Life Goes On

 

Mark and I have appreciated being at Henry’s Lake State Park all week as we try to come to terms with our dogs death and adjust to travels without Starbaby. This is a peaceful park with abundant bird life, wildflowers and wildlife. We also love the location because it has allowed us to visit Mark’s sister’s family. A visit with Jan, Greg, and their daughter Emily’s precious family (plus their lively dog Ash) helped lighten our mood while providing a much needed distraction from our sadness.

I know that what Ralph Waldo Emerson said was true; “Every sunset brings the promise of a new dawn.” But I think the wisdom of Maya Angelou is most encouraging to me right now. “ I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.”









1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the death of Starbaby. Losing a pet is very difficult.

    ReplyDelete