Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Isle Royale

 


Isle Royale National Park is a remote wilderness island, in Lake Superior, accessible only by boat or seaplane. It’s a place far from the sights and sounds of civilization where wildlife abounds. It also happens to be home to a population of wolves and moose that have been part of a historic predator-prey study for over 50 years.

Part of the reason for revisiting the Upper Peninsula was so I could hike from one end of the island to the other. I can’t really describe how perfect the three nights I spent there were. It’s a magical place where I hiked and camped, saw six moose and met so many remarkable people. Of course the most remarkable person in this story is Mark, who unselfishly held down the fort, at our campsite, with Starbaby, so that I could have this remarkable experience!









No comments:

Post a Comment