Sunday, April 5, 2020

National Parks: America’s Best Idea


We have never stayed in one place for more than two weeks at a time on our camping adventures. Never in a thousand years would I have believed that I would voluntarily choose to camp on the outskirts of Las Vegas for two months! Like everyone, everywhere we are making the best of the situation we find ourselves in and are looking for positives; not negatives. We had planned to visit three new (for us) National Parks, on this trip (Joshua Tree,  Death Valley and Sequoia). Of course, we have put those plans on hold,  indefinitely, but I thought I’d share some posters I stumbled across, in reference to those parks.

For a while now, people have noticed that the ratings for some National Parks on Yelp are not always positive with many receiving only a one star rating. Reviews range from, “the parks are too crowded,   they’re boring or all the good stuff is way too far from the car.” An artist combed thru the “best of the one star rating” quotes and created posters in the style of the old WPA (Works Progress Administration) posters of the 1930’s. They made me smile!















No comments:

Post a Comment