Saturday, April 7, 2018

Arizona and the Sonoran Desert

Postcard of the “old” welcome sign

I keep thinking we will eventually arrive in a state that doesn’t measure up to the last one and I’m realizing what a diverse and beautiful country we live in. There is so much beauty everywhere. I find myself humming “this land is your land” and feeling thankful at the opportunity to see and explore. Our first stop in Arizona is at Catalina State Park outside of Tucson. I’m surprised at the abundance of plants and animals in this desert oasis. The first day in our campsite we hosted a number of small round tail ground squirrels, a friendly roadrunner, numerous Gila Woodpeckers and a rattlesnake. Mark commented that some of our “guests” were more welcome than others.




Unexpected guest

My first Saguaro Cactus 

No comments:

Post a Comment