Monday, September 4, 2017

Michigan Cherry Pie and Markie's Lake Challenge




One of the things Michigan is known for are it's cherry trees. Mark and I passed through Traverse City, Michigan (nationally known as the Cherry Capital of the World) on our way to the park and realized one of the first things we needed to do was locate a couple pieces of cherry pie. The Berry Patch restaurant, in what's ironically called Paradise, Michigan, had two pieces so we brought them back to our camper to have with our afternoon coffee. I can't even describe how good this pie was. We know we can't eat pie every day that we are here, but surely every other day isn't too excessive.



Another goal or "thing to do" on our Michigan list is to swim in any of the Great Lakes we visit. It was an easy thing to do during our Dune stay on Lake Michigan but moving further north we discovered that Lake Superior was a lot colder. I decided to revise my "to do list" but Mark refused to be detoured, so at 59 degrees with 14 mph winds at noon today, he took the plunge. I took this picture from the safety of shore in my nice warm down jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment