Thursday, June 18, 2020

Tasty Treats



As we have made our way west, I discovered that the Cabot (Vermont cheddar) I usually buy, had been replaced, in the dairy section, with a cheese called Tillamook. I bought a block and loved it and have continued to look for it wherever we go. I realized when we ended up on the coast of Oregon that the county where we are staying is called Tillamook. Ironically, my new favorite cheddar is made at a creamery just down the road. The creamery hasn’t reopened to the public yet, but we are thankful that most of the cool shops along the coast are slowly reopening with a few restrictions. It would have been a shame to spend the week here and miss out on the cherry pie at Sisters and Pete’s, in Manzanita. It’s definitely the best pie of the trip!




No comments:

Post a Comment